Enjoying life here...since I didn't go away this weekend I got to sleep in this morning--so necessary. It was very lovely. Last night a bunch of the girls and I went to see a dance performance at the India International Center. The dancer danced without stopping for at least an hour. No breaks for drink, rest, or anything. And it was a very active dance--my feet hurt just watching all the stopping. She never broke character either. It was pretty awesome.
After we left the concert we walked to Kahn Market and went to Chona's Rest-O-Bar (they call lounges rest-o-bars--it's kind of amusing) for drinks and dinner. It was quite lovely, and nice to just sit an relax. We were in a room by ourselves, so we didn't have to worry about making noise or being silly or being "slutty American girls" because we were out by ourselves. It was nice. I'm really glad I have a roommate, because it means I can go out semi-late at night and not have to worry about getting home.
For practica I am doing Madhubani painting. It's really cool, and I can't stop drawing since we started it. I'm not doing the actual stuff that you are supposed to do, since I don't know all the symbols yet, but it's fun to make up my own designs. Maybe if I can figure out how I'll try and post a picture of one. I need to figure out how to transfer my photos from camera to computer first though.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment