so, my mother has informed me that so far my blog entries seem rather negative. That was not intentional. I actually love it here. A lot. I suppose the reason for mentioning all the negative stuff (beggars, pollution, etc.) is that it is what stares you in the face when you get here and travel around. It really is a beautiful and amazing country though. The people on the program (the students from the states and the people here) are really great. My host family is wonderful, I just wish I could spend more time with them. And the clothing and colors are amazing.
Food is spicy. But we got kheer (Indian rice pudding) in Haridwar and it is basically the meaning of my existance. Why can't I eat it everyday for every meal?
So yeah, I do like it here. I can't quite believe that I'm going to be here for another few months. I keep thinking I'll be going home in a week or so.
Still not sick! The rest of the group is dropping like flies though, so it's only a matter of time! I can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment